In order for your material to get recycled, it’s crucial to eliminate contamination! Follow these quick, easy steps whenever you recycle:
- Keep items empty, clean and dry. NO food or liquid waste.
- NO black plastic bags. It is an industry standard that black bags are considered trash: our driver cannot see into the bag to confirm it contains recyclables and our workers at the recycling facility also cannot see into the bag to confirm it’s recycling and to ensure the material is safe to handle and not hazardous.
- When in doubt, throw it out (in the trash!).
- Stick to the list on what is accepted in the recycling program. NO wishful recycling.
- Recycle your electronics through a Universal Waste Recycling Program.